Skip to main content
September 3rd-7th:

This week in science all of our upper school students will continue to focus on the scientific method.   Third grade will be working on making scientific observations.  Fourth grade will be reviewing the steps of the scientific method.  Fifth grade will work on lab safety rules.  We're looking forward to starting our first investigations this week!

In social studies, third grade is learning about communities and working on the skill of developing and understanding timelines.  We're working to discover how communities meet different needs.  Fourth grade is learning all about the 4 geographical regions of Texas.  Fifth grade is discovering the regions of the United States.  We will also begin investigations for social studies this week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Orientation Week

Week of August 27th-31st This week we'll be working through getting to know one another and team-building.  We will learn and review classroom and school policies and procedures.  I look forward to laying a strong foundation for a collaborative, positive learning environment.

Meet the Teacher

Hello!  My name is Maegan Luft, and I am new to the AFIA staff this year.  I will be teaching 3rd-5th grade science and social studies.  I am so excited to be part of the AFIA upper school team.  We've got a great year planned. I have ten years of teaching experience - all in the upper elementary grades.  For the past four years, I have been teaching 4th grade science and social studies at St. Matthew Catholic School.  I was also a facilitator for the science and robotics clubs. My husband, Jim, and I have two children.  Our son, Paul, is seven and our daughter, Claire, is three.  We also have a dog named Chief.  Until about 4 years ago, we lived in Kansas City, Missouri which is where I grew up.  My husband's job brought us to San Antonio in 2014. I am looking forward to getting to know your kids this year and hope to build a positive learning environment with them!